Global Burden of Crop Loss Workshop | Sessions 1 & 2: Introduction to the initiative and the workshop and calculating yield losses
901 901 people viewed this event.
To attend these sessions please follow this zoom link
- Introduction to the Global Burden of Crop Loss
- Overview of the purpose and format of the technical sessions
- Rationale for starting with maize as a case study
Chair: Cambria Finegold, CABI
Calculating yield losses
- Technical discussion of how yield losses can be estimated, using maize as a case study
- Identify key information and data sets needed to produce the estimates for various levels: national, regional, global.
- Identify other crops besides maize that have sufficient information for calculating yield loss
Chairs: Chairs: Jeff Ried, Luma Consulting & Richard Shaw, CABI